It’s Wales in January, it’s cold and wet outside and I am in need of some comfort food!
This brilliant take on a bread and butter pudding recipe originally appeared here:
Prep time – 25 mins
Cook time – 35 mins
Total time – 1 hour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place croissant pieces in a 9×13 pan.
- Scatter the blueberries and raspberries over the top.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, eggs and vanilla in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Gradually add milk, mixing until well blended.
- Pour evenly over croissant pieces. Let stand for 20 minutes.
- Bake for 35 min or until set in centers and golden brown.
- Serve warm with powdered sugar sprinkled on top.
And here’s the finished product (great with custard, ice cream, cream or just by itself…yes, I have tried all of these! All for the sake of science, of course.)